Tuesday, January 01, 2013

2013 Resolutions

I hate making resolutions, mostly because I am horrible at making commitments and horrible at carrying things through. At least I know it and can admit it, right? So I'm keeping my resolutions simple this year, mostly because I don't want to join the line of people in 2014 who didn't keep any of theirs.

In 2013, my main resolution is be more appreciative. I want to appreciate the precious time I have with Henry more, the work that my husband does for me more, and the love that my grandmother offers me more (just to name a few). Essentially I want to ring in 2014 with a new appreciation for life in general and when I'm frustrated with my mess of a house, I want to appreciate the fact that I have a mess of a house instead of being so frustrated. I also want to learn to appreciate myself more. Most of the time I view myself as undeserving of any sort of appreciation and I know that's not right. Momma deserves to be appreciated too, ya know?

My second resolution is kinda of a two-for-one deal. I want to unplug and be present more often. We all know what I'm talking about - we sit in the same room with our husbands and kids but we're not actually there, one of us is on the computer, another on their phone and another watching tv. I want to have more game nights, cook dinner with my husband more often and just enjoy being  a family together. There is nothing on the computer or tv that is more important than time with those I love - and life is so short, I just want to learn to make the most of it.

Those are my resolutions for 2013. Pretty simple, right? Still, I know they will be challenging at times. We have a couple of 'big' goals as a family for twenty-thirteen as well; we want to have another baby, we want to side the house and we want to potty-train Henry. As of today, the first of January, we've already started working on all three! Go us, right?

What are your goals and resolutions for 2013? Are you keeping it simple this year too?

1 comment:

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.