Saturday, August 14, 2010

So there it is...

So there it is...all of me given, all of me present and bare and exposed. You can't ignore me now. You can't walk away without this image of vulnerability seared into your head.

I wouldn't want it any other way.

I've given up. I'm not sure if it's hope or fight, but it's no longer there. Where that leaves me now, I'm unsure.

At least I tried.

There is nothing different here although...everything is different. I can fall back into the familiarity of what things were, better or not, or I can accept the reality of it all. Figuring out what that reality is...that, that is the hard part.

For once I am not scared. For once I feel strong. For once I feel confident enough to be who I know I can be.

This song has played over and over in my head lately, it just says so, so much.

"I'm Moving On"

I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demonsFinally content with a past I regretI've found you find strength in your moments of weaknessFor once I'm at peace with myselfI've been burdened with blame, trapped in the past for too long
I'm movin' on

I've lived in this place and I know all the facesEach one is different but they're always the sameThey mean me no harm but it's time that I face itThey'll never allow me to changeBut I never dreamed home would end up where I don't belong
I'm movin' on

I'm movin' on
At last I can see life has been patiently waiting for meAnd I know there's no guarantees, but I'm not aloneThere comes a time in everyone's lifeWhen all you can see are the years passing byAnd I have made up my mind that those days are gone

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.