Monday, May 02, 2011

For my little one

I love watching you; those little ripples across my skin.
The pokes and the kicks, it's almost as if you're already here.
As my body changes I rejoice in the miracle of your life.
I yearn to hold you and yet, I know I will miss having you so close.
I wonder who you will be and pray that you accomplish your every dream.
I know that I'm just the smallest of stepping stones in your life.
The love your father and I have for you will always be unconditional.
We just hope we can raise you in a happy, Christian home.
Can you hear the songs that I sing, the stories I read?
I just want you to know that I'm here and that I care.
Running my fingers across my skin, I tell you I love you.
Before going for work, Daddy kisses you and tells you he loves you too.
We can't wait to meet you, little Henry.
But until then, we will do our best to show you our love from out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.