Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Deep Breaths : An Update of Sorts


I haven't really blogged much lately. I have my reasons. When I was younger I found it easier to write when I was upset or hopeful of the future, especially when the future seemed so far away. Now I hate writing when I'm upset. It does help get things off of my chest, but I feel like the world has enough issues. They don't need to have mine as well. I guess I want to 'be what I want to see in the world.' Yeah, I know...wishful thinking.

I've had a heavy heart over the possibility of my best friends moving away lately and the fact that Jeremy and I don't have one day to spend off together has been getting to me too. But, I've been working on my feelings about our friends and Jeremy and I have been making more of a point to spend our evenings together doing something together instead of just watching TV or working on separate projects in an attempt to try and get the house together as quickly as possible.

Soo...it's okay. Deep breaths and moving on. That's all we can do most of the time anyway!

I really can't complain about my life. I am blessed. So, so blessed. Henry is doing so well. He's standing on his own for short periods of time now and attempting his first shaky steps here and there as well. He's eating solid foods solely now so it's nice not having to make baby food. Plus I can munch on the steamed fruit and veggies that I cut up for him. He knows and says 'mama' and it melts my heart when he yells for me across a room and I know that he's actually looking for me instead of just jabbering. He knows 'dada' and 'baba' as well, which is cute but not quite as heart melting, haha.When he curls up in my arm at night, twists his little fingers in my hair and closes his sleepy eyes, I often wonder how I ever had a life with any meaning before him. He just fills every corner of my heart with joy and love. I can't wait to have another. We're trying...but it just hasn't happened yet.

We will be getting a new four-legged addition this coming weekend! Mason will be getting a new little brother of his own species as soon as he's ready to part with his mama. We haven't decided on a name quite yet (it's like an hour and a half drive there so we will probably decide on the ride down like last time) but I cannot wait to meet him. He is black, gray, white and tan...a beautiful dapple coat and full-blooded just like Mason. I'm not sure I'm real excited about puppy training again, but we're trying to get the yard cleaned up and fenced again as quick as we can so they have a full yard to run and play in. 

I cannot believe how much junk one family could pile up and store in one yard. Jeremy has been working every night he's home and all of his weekend's off to get things put together outside and it still barely looks like we've put a dent in a lot of things. Eventually it will all be done. My goal is to have the majority of things finished by Henry's birthday. I'd like to have his party in the backyard if possible so we will see!

Overall, life is good as always. I've got two weddings to photograph in the next two weekends and a senior session. Then I have two maternity sessions and two newborn sessions in the coming months. I'm pretty excited. I feel like my little business is slow growing...but at least it's growing. I don't really care if I ever have a huge photography business, it's something I love to do and so I will always do it regardless, but it sure wouldn't hurt income wise. Mostly I want to be comfortable and experienced enough to give my clients great photographs. Too many photographers have a long list of clients who think they're getting great photos but  in reality, they're just getting 'sharp' images with enhanced eyes. I hate to judge others, especially their photography, but no one should just pick up a camera and start charging people full-price for photos until they've had quite a bit of experience and a quality of photos that represent professionalism. I myself, do not feel like I'm at that level, which is why I charge accordingly. I don't know, people just irk me.

Anyway...Henry and I need to get our day started. I've spent too much time typing this, haha. Have a blessed Tuesday. <3

2 comments:

  1. I know you don't want Allison to move, she is such a dear friend but think of it has a new chapter in her life that most be unfolded. Not only is this something that could make her and her husbands life so much richer, it give you and your family a place to visit.

    Jenn, you do so much so well and I am really amazed with how well you handle things. It's okay to vent a little. We all need the chance to and girl, we are here for you!

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.