Friday, May 04, 2012

Pieces


I'm going to write this post and probably regret it, but whatever. Truth is, I'm pretty broken hearted right now. Please don't tell me to get over it and please don't tell me your opinion. I don't care. This is how I feel and I am entitled to feel however the heck I want.

The thing is, every time I get close to someone, they leave.

I know that sounds like a little bit of a stretch, but it's 90% true. In my life the story goes that I finally let someone into my life, I share intimate details, come to care for them (really care for them) and they leave.

I can pretend I don't care but I do.

It hurts - really, really hurts.

I'm not typing this to make anyone feel bad. Or to attempt to change anyone's mind about decisions they've made. I'm just so exhausted, so frustrated, so angry and so sad about how much of myself I give to other people just to watch them walk away with that little part of me.

I know God has something great in store and I will just pray for another good friend to share dinner and conversation with but it still doesn't stop the sting of watching someone I love walk away again. I guess this time I'm having a harder time picking up the pieces and putting them all back together again.

1 comment:

  1. so sorry to hear that you are going through a rough time :(

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.