Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Henry's Bedroom To-Do's

Since moving into our home, we really don't venture upstairs much. Our bedroom is plenty big enough (and then some) to share with Henry right now and the thought of trying to get him out of our bed and into his own while going up and down the stairs a million times a night just doesn't appeal to me. However, I promised myself that I was going to work on his bedroom this winter while I'm stuck indoors - even if it's just mostly a playroom for now. Not to mention, if I have enough stuff to put any room completely together it's his.

I was brain-storming ideas tonight and I'm afraid I'm going to forget them so I thought I'd write some of them down.

Things to do in Henry's room!

1) Paint - Brown, Orange and Green.
2) Buy or make rods for his curtains.
3) Create a car-shaped chalkboard on one wall.
4) Buy magnetic strips for his Hot Wheels.
5) Make pillows from his receiving blankets.
6) Make a bean-bag chair from one of his car sheets.
7) Find/research a book-case, lantern/hanging light, and rug for his reading nook.
8) Create felt patterns to attach to his lampshade.
9) Make a magnet tray to attach to the wall.
10) Make some wall art and a bunting flag banner to hang.
11) Paint his Little Tykes table.

I plan on coming back and adding more ideas and to-do's as I think of them. I'm actually pretty excited to get his bedroom together as I have almost everything I need to do what I envision. It's just getting everything together that's so hard!

2 comments:

  1. This made me realize I need to find a lamp for Connor's room so that I can read to him and have a dimmer light on. Good luck on Henry's room. I will have to come visit again once you have made more progress. I love your kitchen/dining room area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found Henry one (lamp and shade) on clearance at Lowes for about $8!

      Delete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.