Monday, September 10, 2012

Be Fit (Update)


I told you guys I would update you on my weight loss and goals on this journey and so I am. I came up with several questions to ask myself each week. If there are any others that you guys think I must include, let me know and I will add them! Thanks for the encouragement in advance!

-----------

Did you meet your 2 pound goal?  I didn't. I have lost 1.5 lbs in the last week and my weight has fluctuated a lot. Yesterday I had apparently lost 4 lbs, this morning only 2 lbs. So, I averaged my weight from the last week and came up with 1.5. It's a small start but it's a start for sure.

How many times did you exercise?  I exercised 3 times in the last week for at least 30 minutes but closer to 45. Although I was sick, I forced myself up and off my butt. No excuses.

What was your healthiest day of the week?  Saturday I had a simple, healthy breakfast followed by a simple, healthy lunch and a balanced dinner. My calorie intake was under my goal and I felt good about my choices all day long.

Unhealthiest day?  Sunday we went to our annual family reunion. There were absolutely no healthy choices (none, zip - seriously) so I tried to just eat less than what I normally would. Still, I know that everything I ate while there the majority of the day was unhealthy.

How many pounds until your next rewarded weight?  8.5 lbs.

What reward are you working towards? I'm not sure yet, I was thinking when I lost the first 10 lbs, I would reward myself with something simple and fairly inexpensive. Maybe a new pair of flats for the fall?

What are you doing to create a healthier lifestyle?  This first week I gave up pop and so far, I haven't really missed it. I've also been focusing on how many calories are in my meals and attempting to create a regular exercise regimen for myself as well.

Remind yourself - Why?  I want my son to live a healthy, happy lifestyle and I think that the only way that will happen is if I create one for myself first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.