Thursday, October 18, 2012

Alterations

I don't know what's got into me lately.

I asked for a sewing machine for Christmas 3 years ago and until about 4 months ago, I had never even touched the thing. For one, I was scared. Like, holy-cow, what-the-hell-was-I-thinking scared.

I mean, who was I to think that I could figure this machine out, let alone make anything with it?

Then one day last June I decided that I was going to make our good friend's little girl a blanket for her first birthday. A 'silky' as they call it, because they are so damn hard to find and I knew she would love it and use it. 

That is after-all the best gift, right?

So I did.

I bought enough material to bought two, made one that looked terrible and was miserably sad for Henry first and then made the second one for Miss Layla. And wouldn't you know that it turned out flippin' fabulous? I mean, yeah - there were bit and pieces that were kind of messy looking, but it was my first creation. 

And I was proud. I still am. Can't you tell?
(I even blogged about it before too, right here.)

Then I made several fabric and paper bunting banners for various reasons, all of which that I love. And I think it gave me this incredibly dangerous confidence boost.

So lately I keep buying things that don't fit in hopes to make them fit.

Like the $20 pair of jeans from Maurices that I found on clearance that were originally $95. They fit for the most part. They're just a foot too long. Literally. (Give a short girl a break, okay?)

I've got them marked and ready to hem, let's hope they turn out alright!

Then there's dress I bought this week to wear to our 'wedding'. It's two sizes too big, but whatev! I spent an hour earlier today pinning it and prepping it as well.

I've got this.
I think.

I should probably be asking for you to wish me luck. Probably. We will see. But right now I'm staying confident and I'm off to conquer my sewing machine!

1 comment:

  1. How awesome!!!! :) Have fun with the sewing machine! :)

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.