Sunday, October 07, 2012

Weekend Recap

We had quite a busy weekend in the Ovenshire household. I worked Friday night as usual, was up part of the night with a stuffy-nosed baby and then called off Saturday although I was only suppose to work like half of a day anyway.


So we took the opportunity to spend some quality family time outdoors while. We went to the Fort Rowdy festival and walked through the mountain men reenactment camping ground. We picked up Henry's first wooden nickle, a tradition each year in Jeremy's home town. Then we headed north to the Minster Oktoberfest for lunch - another tradition. Nothing beats a bratwurst on a rye bun with spicy mustard and piled high with sauerkraut on a cool October day. A man there gave Henry a brand new dollar coin to remember his first visit there as well.


That night Jeremy and I spent our first night away from Henry so that we could attend (and I could shoot) a wedding. I work with Julie and Jeremy went to school with BJ so it was a half date, half work night. I still don't know if I had a good time. Not because the wedding wasn't great, I just missed Henry and there were so many other kids there that I had a hard time. I'm attached, I admit it.

Sunday morning we got up and went to our old church in Miamisburg for their Homecoming. I always enjoy going back and spending time there, but after attending our new church, it just doesn't fulfill me like it used to. I'm just not sure that all of the old gospel songs and screaming preaching of the southern baptist church is fit for us anymore - not that there's anything wrong them. I have just learned so much more from the more structured services at our new church and I love some of the old hymns, but I also love a lot of the new worship music too. I like that our new church combines the music and I love that I feel like I leave each service with a new lesson.


After church we headed home for my husband's grandfather's 80th surprise birthday party. I somehow (it was definitely a miracle) managed to get everyone gathered into the living room and into one photo. I love that Jeremy has such a large family, it really helps to make up for my lack of one.


After the party we headed home, making one final stop on the way. There's a local farm close to our home that always sets out pumpkins, mums, gourds, straw, corn, etc... out for sale. They use the honor system and for some reason, I just love that about them. I love that there's a community trust in our area that you can just leave your product sitting on the side of the road with a box and people can come and go as they please and they don't have to worry as much about someone walking off with their stuff, or their money. We bought a beautiful mum, 3 pumpkins and 3 gourds and it only cost us $10.

We had a wonderful weekend - and although I had to squeeze some homework in on Saturday morning and night, it was a whole lot less stressful than what life has been lately.

1 comment:

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.