Thursday, March 28, 2013

Brain Dump

I don't know where the heck the time goes anymore. It seems as if while the days are getting longer and longer, they also become busier and busier. My house is currently a mess, and I have no ambition to clean it. For the first time since Jeremy and I were married, I actually invited people over and let them see the mess. It's honest and it's life with a 1 year old, a overgrown boy husband and two dogs. So what if there are toys on the floor or dishes in the sink? If they want to judge - let them judge me. I'm only doing my best while taking time to live my life.

I've got a ton to accomplish in the next couple of weeks. Today I'm going to try to retake Henry's Easter photos. It's shaping up to be a beautiful day outside and I know they will look a ton better if we can go out and do them the way I had first imagined. I also have plans to pick Jeremy up for lunch, and we have to go by the courthouse to make plans to have our home reassessed in hopes that it will lower our property taxes. Then Henry and I need to run by the grocery so that we have food to eat the rest of the week. I still haven't shampooed the carpet and the house is going to HAVE to be cleaned either today or tomorrow before I go to work this weekend. We do all three have complete Easter outfits - so that's a sigh of relief. Mentioning, I also need to put Henry's bucket together. Lots to do!

I've officially lost 17 pounds as of yesterday. I would really love to get rid of those last 3 next week and then murder even a few more before vacation. I'm looking forward to doing a '20 down' post soon. I haven't been working out hardly at all. I attempted a light jog a few nights ago and I just couldn't do it. My ankle is healing, but it's still no where close to 100%. It also makes me sad because I LOVE to wear heels but I'm going to have to leave the heels in the closet for both Easter and probably vacation too. I tried to put a pair on with my dress a few nights ago and almost fell to the floor. With time and patience, I know I'll be back to 100% one of these days, just not as soon as I'd hoped.

I think spring is finally upon us here in Ohio. The last few days have been cold, but each seems to be slightly warmer than the day before. I can't wait to open my windows and let the air and sunlight flow through the house. Soon!

I hope you're all having a wonderful week! Hopefully I'll be back later today with more pictures of Little Bit!

6 comments:

  1. First...you are a very brave women to invite people over and let the house be "all natural"..good for you!!

    Second..YAY for almost being 20 down..that's GREAT!

    Laura@MiceInTheKitchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been working my BUTT off, so thank you. It feels wonderful to fit back into some clothes that haven't fit for awhile. Now if I can just get rid of these other 80 pounds...

      I'm usually the type of person that has to have a spotless house when someone comes over, but I'm sick of trying so hard just to please someone else. Ya know?

      Delete
  2. Congrats on losing almost 20 pounds! That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen! It hasn't been easy, but it's been totally worth it!

      Delete
  3. Finally, someone who keeps it real with their house! I'm getting more and more that way.
    And, WOOHOO for dropping almost 20 pounds. That is AWESOME! Keep up the great work, you can slaughter those last three pounds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Desiree, you guys have been a great support system to keep me both motivated and honest.

      I hate that feeling of 'oh no' when someone calls and says they're almost to my house and it's a wreck. But why worry so much, surely everyone's house gets a little dirty sometimes!

      Delete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.