Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wednesday, April 10th

It was 80 degrees yesterday and today we have severe weather alerts: Welcome to Ohio! We went from winter to summer in one week!

I've been bitten by the procrastination bug. Monday I packed both Henry and I's bags, Tuesday I spent the day with my grandmother and today... well, today I have done a little bit of this and a little bit of that, but it's amounted up to just about nothing. Tomorrow I know I'm going to have to get the house in tip-top shape, pack Jeremy's bags and finish some odds and ends before we leave early Friday. I got this thing... I think.

I haven't quite put my finger on why this vacation has gotten me so excited. We always go on vacation, usually twice a year, and I never get this excited. I've felt bad every time I sit down to write a blog lately because I feel like it's ALL I can think about. Sorry about that - I promise you guys won't have to put up with it much longer.  =P

Henry has been such a little ball of excitement lately. I took a step back and examined our lives and how busy we are sometimes, and I realized that I spend way too much time frustrated with his fits and stubbornness and not nearly enough time just cherishing him. I've made it a point the last week or so to laugh with him, cuddle him closer, and focus on him in a positive way. I don't ever want him to doubt that I love him with my whole heart and that no matter what he does or how angry or frustrated I may be, that will never change and he can always count on his Mommy.

He's been going around saying 'dog' too. That makes me so happy... my little boy is finally saying something other than 'dad'. He makes my heart swell with pride and joy. Today he got caught in the middle of a rain storm and it soaked him to the bone. I thought it would scare him, but no, the kid laughed like there was nothing funnier in the entire world. I wish that that innocence and joy with life would never go away for him...

I suppose I should go finish our laundry. Our washer is on the fritz and we'll probably have to replace it when we get home. In the meantime I'm pretty much stuck with wringing the excess water out of our clothes before drying them. (Maybe this is why I'm procrastinating?) I hope you guys are having a wonderful hump day, it's all downhill from here!

11 comments:

  1. I felt the same way with our last vaycay....I was SO EXCITED. And that made the trip even better I think because I was determined to be happy and have an amazing time!! Can't wait to see pics from your trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I won't leave my charger in a random hotel this time and actually get pictures. I was so sad that I didn't get one photo of Henry on the beach last time!

      Delete
  2. I KNOW right? I'm kinda loving the thunderstorm today though. Hope you are too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been enjoying it too! I love that I can leave the windows open and smell the rain and let the wind blow through the house. I just wish I could get Henry to understand that thunderstorms = staying inside.

      Delete
  3. I am so excited that you get to go on vacation soon!! :) I know you are going to have an amazing time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your thoughts on stepping back and enjoying all the sweet things, rather than focus on the stubbornness and such. I'm going to follow your words of wisdom (as this week has been exceptionally challenging in our home).
    It's great you're so excited about your vacation. You SHOULD be!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been fighting some fits and tantrums revolving around wanting to go outside the minute he wakes up (he literally wakes up and brings us his shoes first thing) and it's frustrating at times, especially first thing in the morning. I really needed to step back and just chill, it can be tough being a Mama, especially when you have stress influencing you with other things too!

      Delete
  5. Same weather story here! 85 & sunny yesterday & in the 40s & raining today. Gotta love Spring & it's bi-polar weather!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Oh well, one of these days I'll get used to the sudden weather changes all the time.

      Delete
  6. I love hearing about you and you sweet family! Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.