Saturday, May 04, 2013

Disappointment

There's something to be said about disappointment. Not only can it knock you down a peg or two, but it can really put a damper on an entire day...or days, in this case.

I didn't get the job.

I've been in a huge bummed out mood every since I found out last night. My boss even said, "I really wanted to give it to you, I really, really did...BUT..." apparently some other guy is just a better fit.

That's fine. I get it.

I still am bummed out and I am really, really disappointed. I think mostly because 1) I was positive the job was mine and 2) I was so looking forward to that family time. I guess I just need to grieve a little because it really feels like a loss.

BUT...

I'm really okay with it. This was not God's will and so therefore, He has something completely else planned. Something bigger and better and something that I just can't see yet because...well, I am not Him. It's a peaceful feeling to know that I am not in control, although at times it can also cause me to grow impatient and dreadful in the waiting. These are just things I need to work on.

In the meantime. I am thankful still that Jeremy and I have the time together that we do, that Henry is still in the care of one of the two of us 99% of the time, and I still have a job that I'm both comfortable and good at, that is reliable and I really don't dislike.

If you ask me, it sounds like I'm living a pretty blessed life.

10 comments:

  1. :( I'm sorry that you didn't get it, but I love your outlook! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jen! It's okay, really it is!

      Delete
  2. Sorry you didn't get it. :-( I'm sure it is because God has something even better in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure He does too. I just have to be patient for a little while longer!

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you didn't get the position. There's another plan, it just stinks you have to wait a little longer to find out what that plan is.
    Hang in there lady. You really are blessed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waiting does stink, but that's a part of life! Thanks so much Desiree!

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry, it must have been hard to hear especially since you were so certain about it. I love how positive you are being though, it is so hard to keep in mind that God always does have a better plan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for your disappointment. However, our God is so trustworthy that I am sure He has something better waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear this. That really is a big bummer. As you said though, you just have to keep your head up and keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep your head up! When one door closes another will open in time... =) Have a good weekend and enjoy the family time that you get!

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.