Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Ironing out the Kinks

I've been super busy so far this week. I have my first wedding of the season this Friday and I'm really starting to stress because it's been awhile since I've actually had any sort of photo-shoot, let alone a wedding. I know things will work themselves out and this will be the third time I've photographed this couple, so it really helps, but still...I'm stressed.

I'm really hoping and praying to iron out some kinks and really jump head-first into growing and expanding my business in the next year.

I'm looking into taking a few classes in order to really feel comfortable enough to start calling myself a 'professional' and I am in the process of drafting up new contracts, pricing and such. I've even hired an assistant... which is HUGE.

My biggest concern and worry right now is that I need to buy new equipment. I know this and I know it's going to be expensive and I have no idea how we're going to afford it, but it needs to be done. My camera is old (about 6 years now) and my lenses aren't exactly ideal for the type of photography that I usually do. I have no flashes, no backgrounds...nothing. Just an old camera and my mind. It's really the most unprofessional set-up ever and when I show up for a session like that, it really makes me feel completely unprofessional.

Soo... this is what I've been up to. I'm trying and I'm trying hard, and that's all the counts, right?

5 comments:

  1. Im so excited for you! Your photography is so beautiful! Can't wait to see what you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so amazing!!! I'm really proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our BEST photo shoots are when it's just the photog and his/her camera and his/her creativity.
    So excited for your new ventures in photography, and can't wait to see some of the pictures you capture this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you'll get there. if you want any advise, you know how to find me :)

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.