Monday, March 31, 2014

Do you know what day it is?

No, it's not hump day. It's better than that.

It's opening day!


Seriously, though.

For us baseball fans, it has been a long, hard winter of waiting and wishing that it was spring time and that our favorite teams were playing again. We have sat through football, and basketball, and the comments of how football and basketball are better than baseball (don't make me give you a lecture) less than patiently and now our wait is over.

Today my beloved team will walk onto the field at Great American Ballpark, the national anthem will be played, Votto and Phillips will win our hearts all over again (and really, how can you resist with those smiles) and life will once again feel complete.


It definitely doesn't hurt that it's going to be almost 70 degrees today, I have the day off of work, and my Red's shirt is fitting better than ever this year.


Cincinnati ball, that is. Have a great Monday, it's going to be epic in our household!
post signature

2 comments:

  1. YES! Opening day! My grandmother just bought one of my kids a Red Sox shirt, too. haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are Cincinnati Reds fans through and through! I need to buy my son a new shirt - he's still wearing the one that we bought him for Easter last year.

      Delete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.