Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Girlfriends

I had the privilege of spending the majority of my Tuesday with my two best girlfriends. I don't really spend a lot of time with 'girlfriends' because I really don't have many girlfriends (and who really has the time?). Growing up, I was always that girl that surrounded herself with guy friends, and after I got married, I realized that having a lot of guy friends was not ideal so I gave most of them up.

Still, through-out the years I have made a couple of girlfriends who I know will be life-long, and although we do not get to see one another as often as I'd like, I cherish every single minute that I do get to spend with them.

Among the laughter and deep conversations and reminiscing, I realized something wonderful yesterday.

These girls know me. They know me at my best and at my worst. They know me all jazzed up and right out of bed in the morning. They know my likes and dislikes, my life-goals, my dreams and desires, my insecurities and disappointments. These girls are real life, and I can be real with them.

That is my biggest issue with making friends. I refuse to put on a face or a front. I am who I am, and I'm not going to pretend that I'm something that I'm not. I've always been a quality over quantity person, and my friendships ring truer for that fact than most anything else in my life.

I would rather have one good friend, one good girl, who I can be myself and completely real with, than to have even two or three more.

One of them made her way back to Wisconsin yesterday while the other is about an hour away. No matter what I'm doing or where I'm at in life, I know I can count on these two girls. They hold a piece of my heart and I truly believe that we are a sort of soul-mate.

One day I may have more girlfriends. Or I may not. I don't know. But the truth is, I have all that I need in these two and they've really changed my life for the better.



post signature

2 comments:

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.