Last month I set a few goals for myself and since the month came and flew by, I've got a fresh month with new goals in mind. But first, let's see how I did with my previous goals.
1) Start running - Check! I averaged about 3 runs a week and it wasn't easy, but I did it.
2) Work-out 5 days a week - I totally failed at this. In all honestly, the entire month of march was (almost) a huge failure for me and other than running, I rarely worked out at all.
3) Eat clean - Done and done. We had pizza once or twice and dinner with the in-laws once that was less than clean, but overall, this month was a huge success when it comes to what foods I was putting into my body.
4) Lose 5 pounds and 2 inches - Did you read my update yesterday? Crushed this!
5) Fit into one piece of clothing hanging in my closet that was a bit too small - Two pieces came out of my 'too tight' pile this month and is currently hanging in my closet for daily wear.
Overall I think I did fairly well for March, but I know I can do better. Today is the 2nd day of April and I have an entire month to focus on my health and becoming a better me. Time for some new goals!!
1) Make a schedule and stick to it. Ideally I would like to run three times a week and do strength training the other two days a week. I'd also really like to get in a 3 mile walk/run before this month is over. In order to keep up on my strength training, I've found these several challenges that I think I'm going to do.
2) Quit skipping breakfast. This was a big issue for me in March. I am always so busy in the mornings that it is so easy for me to focus on everything else and never eat. I have noticed that this actually slows my own progress down so there is no excuse for me not to take a few minutes, make a smoothie or cook an egg, and eat.
3) Drink more water. The dog chewed up my water-bottle about mid-way through March and ever since I've had an issue keeping up on my water intake. My goal is between 80-120 ounces of water a day and before I was killing that. Now I'm struggling to get 60-80 ounces in a day. I bought a new bottle but it's just not doing it for me so I'm going to have to come up with a new way to get my water in.
4) Exceed my weigh-smart challenge goal for work. I am three pounds away from meeting my goal for work. THREE POUNDS. I know I can do that by the 27th and I'd really like to exceed it. I really hope that when I hit that 100% mark, it will inspire my co-workers to know that they can do anything they set their minds to.
5) Changes: I'm going to set a huge goal of 8 pounds this month, simply because if I lose those 8 pounds, I will hit a huge milestone of losing 40 pounds this year alone and that would be a huge accomplishment right before vacation.
Are you setting any goals for the month of April? If so, let me know so I can encourage you along your journey!