Friday, October 24, 2014

Twenty-Seven


Yesterday was my twenty-seventh birthday.

To say that I was looking forward to turning 27 would be a gross understatement. If anything, I was straight dreading the entire thing.

There are something about my birthdays that don't sit well with me. It's not the 'getting older' bit, but something deeper, something more...personal. A birthday is suppose to celebrate a unique individual, make them feel special, cared for, and loved.

Typically birthdays leave me disappointed and this year, sadly, was no different.

I'm glad it's over. Honestly. Only...I wish tomorrow I was turning 28.

Perhaps this year will surprise me. Perhaps 27 will be a successful, happy year.

I have no way of knowing.

As silly as it sounds...I just don't like the number, and for some reason, I have a huge shadow looming over me with doubt and fear about the next year. Things just seem to be in such a huge limbo right now and I can see a lot of hardships in the next year on the way to resolution.

I will say, yesterday was not without a few pleasant surprises. My mother-in-law made me a delicious carrot cake, Jeremy took me out for dinner and let me pick out a tablet, my grandmother bought me this gorgeous comforter, and my friends and family left lots of well wishes on my Facebook page.

There's always, always a silver lining...sometimes we just have to work hard to search for it.

post signature

1 comment:

  1. Here is to an amazing 27th year!!! Hugs sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.