Friday, February 19, 2016

Lemonade

Things have been hectic at best lately and I am at the point of wishing February away all together.
In the last two weeks there have been 2 car accidents, 2 surgeries, a LOT of unexpected (and some expected) expenses, and a case of strep throat.
I want to claim that things couldn't get much worse, but we all know that that's just bad karma. Let's just say that when it rains, it pours.
We've all heard the expression: When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
The optomist will use this expression in a way of saying "make the best of this situation."
The pessimist will say "you can't make lemonade from just lemons."
But the realist, the person who I think I identify best with these days, will say "Take the lemons, work for the sugar, and learn to find the water for free."
So that's what I'm attempting to do this month: take lemons and make lemonade. I may have  to learn a few things and earn the sugar, but eventually I will be sipping something sweet once again.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.