Monday, January 25, 2010

Dear Monday.


I have to say that I just adore my Mondays. Although the phone normally rings around 10 a.m. and I roll out of bed wishing that I could sleep for just a few hours longer, I look forward to what every Monday brings. My favorite Mondays are usually the ones that I spend in my P.J.'s, curled up on the couch with a good book or my favorite television shows (recorded on DVR of course, because life has become to busy to watch them when they are actually on) with nothing else planned but being lazy. Of course, these Mondays never really happen because Mondays are my only days to do laundry, clean and then there is the small fact that I have school...ugh.

However, my second favorite Mondays are the ones that tend to take place every Monday. I drag myself out of bed, jump in the shower, get my laundry together and then make the drive to Miamisburg. Pulling into my old parking place, I know two things are going to happen with my lovely Monday:

1) I am going to be spoiled rotten. I am going to be fussed over, offered candy and treats and loved on like I'm a little kid again. (Okay, let's admit it...I'm still a kid at heart.)

2) I will very happily do my laundry without having to sit at the laundry mat. Matter of fact, I may even find some time to type up a blog with the free time that I have NOT sitting at the laundry mat.

Have I mentioned that I love Mondays?

Not only do I get spoiled rotten, not only do I get to do my laundry for free...but I also get to spend time with my lovely grandmother in whom I adore with every beat of my heart. Somtimes we'll sit around all Monday long and do nothing. Other times we'll go out and do a little shopping (even if it's mostly window shopping, it's still fun) and we always have some sort of lunch together. (Mmm...food that isn't soup or turkey and on my way-to-strict diet.)

My only damper to Mondays is school...and even then, it's two of my easiest classes so it's not really much of a damper at all. So despite the mass quantities of people out there hating on their Mondays, I raise a glass and bid a toast to the lovely Mondays of my life and hope and wish that their will be many more to come!

2 comments:

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.