Tuesday, January 26, 2010

'Bucket List' Tuesdays


So here’s the thing. I have pondered a lot lately as to what I would include on my ‘bucket list’ if I was ever to make one. Well, I’m going to make one…and I’m going to do it weekly. I figure it’s much easier to come up with one thing at a time rather than a whole list. With a list I always feel as if I’m leaving things out and it’s such a pain to go back and edit and add and all that jazz. So I’m going to dedicate my Tuesdays to my bucket list. I will come up with one thing every Tuesday to add to my list (Okay, let’s admit that I’m sure there will be weeks that I come up with more than one) and I hope that you’ll add your own ‘bucket list’ hopes and dreams too.

Since I'm doing this via blog and obviously I like to write, I found it fit to start my bucket list with one of my deepest hopes and dreams. Since I was a little girl, sitting in my room with one of those cute little diaries that had a lock that never did work, I've always dreamed of being a writer. I have notebooks and pages and folders full of stories and poems and pondering and just random tid-bits of this and that that I've wrote over the years. I refuse to throw any of it away no matter how silly or foolish it seems.

When I say I want to be a writer, it doesn't mean that I want to sell hundreds upon hundreds of copies of a book or have this huge fan base where every one knows my name. It simply means that I want to write in a way that will touch other's lives. I want people to want to read my words, simply because they feel something from them. Perhaps one day I will be lucky enough to publish something out there will hundreds will get to read it. But if I never do, it won't make much of a difference to me.

So the first thing on my bucket list is this::

1) Become a writer; one who touches people's lives and creates words that can be felt and not just read.

2 comments:

  1. I love your idea to add a item to your list weekly! That does seem more attainable than trying to make one big list of all your hopes and dreams. I'm excited to see where it will take you because I firmly believe in the power of putting your dreams out there, laying them heavy on your heart, and then seeing results! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.