Monday, May 24, 2010

Early Mornings

I love early mornings. You know the kind. Those mornings when you awake before the rest of the world, before the sun peeks it's shining head above the horizon, before the dew slowly disappears from each little blade of grass and your house and home is just quiet.

I don't find these mornings often anymore. The moment I stir the pup is wanting to go out, the cat is meowing for attention and more than likely, I'm only up because it's time for work and I have little to no time to take in any of the peace of silence anyway. Today was not one of those days.

Today I basked in the warmth of a silent sunrise, breathed in the smell of fresh dew and grass around me. Today I stretched and yawned, fresh coffee in hand, with only the company of my wondering mind and of course, God.

Today I prayed gently for forgiveness. I prayed for help and guidance, for hope and comfort. I prayed selfishly, I prayed for myself and my family and for once, I left everyone else out. I prayed for more early mornings, more warm sunrises and more time with God.

Peacefully, gently, just me and Him.

I left everything else in yesterday. I moved carefully into today without a care and although I know that it will not last, that tomorrow will come and my work week will begin and my mornings will be chaos, I do not care. Today is a perfect early morning and that is what I am focusing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.