Wednesday, March 02, 2011

A week of firsts

What a week it's been already.

I'm just ranting really. I've had about 4 hours of sleep in the last 48 hours so you'll have to excuse me if I'm not all there.

I went to the emergency room for the first time ever for myself.
I had my first real medical scare...
My first IV.
My first cat-scan.

I have pneumonia apparently but I have to say it's better than the first diagnosis which was a number of blood clots in my lungs. Talk about scaring me to death. Now I'm just praying that the cat-scan wasn't harmful to my precious baby in anyway. I'm pretty exhausted but I'm in so much pain that it's completely unbearable to lay down and I'm not very good at sleeping sitting up. With the combination of about five different medications the pain seems to be slowly relieving though, so hopefully things will be easier tomorrow.

My brother left from his leave home to Texas the same day I was rushed to the ER so I didn't get to say goodbye. Today I found out that he received a ship date and will be going to Afghanistan in October but he promises he's going to do his best to take his next leave in August so he can meet his new niece or nephew upon their arrival. I sure hope he'll be able to.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! I had no idea that had happened to you!!!
    Geez girl, I hope you're feeling better soon!
    Scary, for sure :(

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.