Friday, May 27, 2011

Ramblings

Tonight I am just plain tired. The last two days I've barely moved from the couch; I just haven't felt right. I keep having horrible contractions and despite drinking and drinking water I feel so dehydrated. I did my best to do my job at work tonight and ignore everything but it was hard to do. I'm not looking forward to the 10 hour days the next three days feeling this way. I keep telling myself that it will all be worth it and I know it will, I just wish I knew why my body seems to be screaming that something is wrong. It's probably all in my head; being a first time mom every little pain and twitch makes me worry although I usually just ignore it all. I figure if anything is ever really wrong, I'll know it.

I hope the next 10 weeks go by quickly. I'm so ready to see my little guy. I keep telling all of our friends and family that I'm going to force him to be here at 37 weeks but I know that that's beyond my control. I'm not anxious about delivery at all, I kinda feel like I was built for birth but I suppose I won't really know until I get there. I'm still pretty set on going drug-free even though everyone keeps telling me that I'll change my mind.

Either way, things are ready. The crib is set up, the highchair is in the kitchen, the car seat in the car. We have a ton of diapers and lotions and baby bath and more clothes than what we know what to do with. The baby book is as filled out as it can be. I have one more baby shower in about a month and then we'll finish getting whatever we don't get then that we really need. In the meantime I'm just trying to be patient...and failing miserably.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.