Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Finally

Three full days of labor and then a c-section to get him here, but he's finally here. I even did it without pain meds, even though there towards the end with two bags to pit in me, I thought my insides were going to just rip out.

Little Henry weighed 6lbs and 5oz and was 19 inches long (although the nurse said he would probably lose an inch or so due to his long, cone shaped head from all the contractions). His first cry was magical and while he cried, I laid behind the curtain and cried too. I seem to be recovering well and Henry is just perfect.

We're having issues breast-feeding but they're sending a consultant in today to try and help. The little guy will latch but then he just won't suck. I've been pumping and feeding him through a syringe. The nurses assure me it's probably due to him being 3 weeks early.

I can't get over how tiny he is and I'm glad I bought a few preemie outfits because they are definitely going to fit. I'm completely exhausted but I'm sure I'll catch up on and off in the next few days. I'm so proud of how Jeremy did and I'm pretty proud of myself as well, I put in a lot of hard work.

Every minute of it was worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! He weighs the same as Gunner did!That is so tiny!

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.