Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Splashin' Good Time



Jeremy, Henry and I went to the Newport Aquarium yesterday as a little day out. Jeremy and I used to do little things like this all the time together and we've been so excited to start showing out little man all the wonderful things there are in the world.

He was just entranced by all of the bright colored fish and aquariums although towards the end, I think he was starting to get bored with it all. He did so well though! It took us several hours to get through and he never fussed once.

The Pufferfish were my favorite and this little guy was so friendly. It followed Jeremy's fingers up one end of the tank and back down the other, if we ever have a salt-water aquarium one day, I will definitely have to have one! There was so much to see and learn and being the people we are (especially Jeremy) we read most every sign through the place.


There was a lot to learn! I loved seeing all the different frogs too although I have to be honest, most of them were huge and disgusting and ugly. I'm so excited to take Henry back in the coming years when he's a little older and can appreciate and learn from the experience more.

The penguins were Jeremy's favorite. He loved watching them jump straight up out of the water and I have to admit that I had a good laugh or two watching them myself. It's amazing how fast they can swim! They're little show offs too. After the aquarium we went to Red Robin for dinner. Jeremy had never been there and I think he enjoyed it as much as I told him he would.


We all had such a good time and it was so nice to get out as a family. I love the life I have, God has blessed me beyond measure with a wonderful husband and son. I look forward to this coming year and experiencing even more as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.