Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Impatience

It'll be a week tomorrow since we bought our home. It sucks not being able to be in it, moving or cleaning or decorating or SOMETHING. I'm impatient and I'm having issues concentrating on anything else. I have so many ideas for decorations and so many little DIY projects that I can't wait to start on...but I just don't have the room here to even begin. The rain and the cold weather isn't helping much either. I suppose I should just breathe and force myself to push it all in the back of my mind and instead focus on the here and now. God has blessed us so much with what we've been given that I should really have no room for complaints or impatience.

We were able to walk through it on Saturday night. Keep in mind, we bought this house sight unseen, judging whether or not it would be a good purchase by word of mouth and the opinions of those who had seen it. It is gorgeous inside. The man who owned it had completely gutted the house. He put in new insulation and drywall, redid the plumbing and electric and also put in a 2nd bathroom. There are brand new wood floors, newly painted walls, brand new appliances (hooray! a dishwasher!) new cabinets, counter tops and new windows. The roof, water heater and furnace were all also just put in within the last five years. Like I said, gorgeous! Our bedroom alone is half the size of our apartment right now and although the listing said 6 rooms, when I counted them there were more like 8 or 9.

There are no immediate improvements necessary and that alone is the biggest blessing ever. We're hoping that after we get our tax return, we can buy a new couch and possibly a new entertainment center and my goal is to have the siding put up before Henry's birthday. The upstairs needs new carpet and possibly some paint but I'm not going to worry about it for now. We can work on making everything ours over time. The master bath also needs finished but we have a 2nd brand new bathroom so we're not going to worry about it much either. We want to make sure we can afford to get exactly what we want in there so it's probably going to take some saving again on our part.

I've been pinning ideas here and there on Pinterest and making a list of crochet things that I'd like to make for decorating purposes. I'm just sooooo excited. Jeremy made a valid point the other night; we both have good jobs, insurance, a savings account, a home, a wonderful son and a dog...we are truly living the American dream! Mentioning dogs: we're also going to get another dog after we move. I can't wait because this time I get to pick the breed and I think I'm finally going to get me a Siberian Husky. I had one as a child and I just loved her and I can't wait to have another. Not to mention, Henry needs a big dog to love on!

So needless to say, my mind is preoccupied with all this house stuff. Henry will be 6 months old in 2 days. I can't believe how big he is getting but I'm also having a hard time concentrating on his half birthday pictures. Ugh. Someone call the bank and tell them to get this paper work finished!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your first home, Jenn!! I can't wait to see what creative ways you decorate. I am sure I will be a little envious of your talents :)

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.