Friday, February 24, 2012

I Came Pretty Close

"I always wanted to invent something that would move around and make funny noises and would change the world as we know it and I forgot all about that until we had kids and now I see I came pretty close.”
-Story People


Today I feel sorry for people who say they never want children. Yeah, I know...it's their choice and well, if they don't want them they probably shouldn't have them. Yadda, yadda...I've heard it all before.

There is just something so life-changing and special about having your own children. They complete you in a way that the rest of the world cannot imagine and I think it's true for all parents, yours is better than theirs and well, when it comes to how perfect they are, yours are perfect. More than perfect even. And it's true. They're perfect for you. They came from you and they are part of you. Nothing can ever change that and given the choice, you'd kill someone before you'd let them change that.

At least I would.

I am not ignorant. I know there are people who really should not have children. There are people who have children and shouldn't have had them. There are to many suffering children in our world and my heart breaks for them. I can't imagine not giving my son everything that I have and everything that I am. He deserves that from me. He's that special to me and my main goal in life is to make sure he knows it.

I suppose I just have a hard time understanding having so much love to give but having no one to give it to. Eventually it would just swell up inside and burst into a million pieces. I don't want to waste the love that I've been given. I want to find ways everyday to share it and give it and hopefully brighten my little piece of the world with it.

Perhaps I'm crazy, I'm okay with that. I just know that every time someone looks me in the eye and says 'I never want to have kids' it kinda twists my heart a little inside. They're missing out on one of life's little miracles and well honestly, it's a huge one to miss.

1 comment:

  1. I used to be one of those people that would have been OK with never becoming a parent. I think it was just because during the years, I didn't have anyone I would be OK co-parenting with. Now that I have this amazing husband and blessed life, I know that having a child is going to be the cherry on top of my life sundae - yes, that just happened!

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.