Friday, June 08, 2012

Excitement

We have so many exciting things creeping up on us in the near future that I got to thinking about it this morning and just wanted to giggle with glee. I feel like we've done a lot of the same old same old lately: work, clean, chase after Henry, work on the house and well...wonder where each week has went! So I thought I'd share some of my excitement, I mean, why not right?

Henry received his very first birthday invitation yesterday to his best friend/girlfriend's first birthday. I am so excited for this birthday party. I know it's crazy but I've been spending more time with little Layla's mommy and I feel like I've found a friend that I have SO much in common with that it's ridiculous. Plus Jeremy has been friends with Tommy for years and we all just fit so well together. It's like we've all been best friends for years and the similarities in our life are uncanny. Tommy and Jessica planned a huge wedding, canceled and got married in front of their families and God on very short notice about oh...2 months or so? before we did. They found out they were pregnant about 2 weeks before we did, had Layla almost exactly a month (she was born on the 20th of June, Henry the 19th of July) before we had Henry and are as dedicated as a couple and 'settled down' as we are. It's just been awesome hanging out with them lately. Not that I don't miss my twin and her husband, it's just been nice making a new friend. Either way, I can't wait to take Layla's first birthday photos and see her little fingers in birthday cake - I'm seriously almost as excited as if she were my own child.

Mentioning birthdays - Henry's birthday is a little over a month away! I AM SO EXCITED! I'm not excited about how fast he's growing up, but I'm excited to throw his party. I have so many cool ideas that I've slowly started getting things together for. I printed his invitations yesterday and they are AWESOME and I have so many cool decorations and food/favor things already put together. I just love to entertain and kid's birthdays are so fun. Plus we are just praising God for this little milestone; a lot of children don't make it to their first birthday and it's so, so sad. But God has blessed us with this little boy for at least this long and I can't thank him enough.

We're going on vacation in July too! Actually, we plan on leaving the day after Henry's party. We haven't made any concrete plans yet, but I'm hoping that we'll be headed to the beach somewhere. It's due time that Henry experiences sand! No matter where we go, I. can. not. wait. I feel like it's been ages since we've been on vacation and that is so unlike us - even if it's just a quick trip to Virginia.

We have some awesome new pieces of furniture that I can't wait to get my hands on. I promised Jeremy I wouldn't touch them until we get some other things done...but oh, when I do...

Our guest bedroom is looking like a bedroom! Considering I never in my life imagined having a guest bedroom when I was 24, this is so exciting to me. I have curtains up, a lamp, the queen sized bed all made up, a shelf and some decorations. Eventually it will have to be painted but right now, I'm just excited that it's there.

One reason I'm so excited about the guest bedroom is because I should be keeping my siblings on and off most of the summer. This will be the first time ever that they will have their own bedroom at my house instead of having to sleep on the couch. It's going to be so nice.

Okay...last thing for now. We're getting a pool! Or so I think we are, or hoping we are. We've started looking into them and it's something Jeremy and I both would really like so it's on our immediate wish list. We just need to crunch some numbers and make sure we could buy one without pulling money from the savings. We will see!

One more...haha. I can't believe I forgot! I bought Jeremy Red's tickets for Father's Day. We're going to a Red's game in a couple of weeks and we have some pretty awesome seats right off the first base line. I'm sooo taking my mitt!!

If you've read all this you're crazy, haha. I mostly just posted this for myself because I wanted to share my excitement. Life is such an amazing blessing!


2 comments:

  1. Jenn, you are adorable! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok I have to admit I was a lil jealous when I first starting reading this, but then you put my heart at ease :) Im happy your making friends but I miss you soo much! I have been eating nothing but take out and frozen dinner lol

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.