Tuesday, July 03, 2012

The 4th of July


With tomorrow being the 4th, I thought I should throw together a small post but I've had issues getting one together because I've been extremely bothered today. I came across a Facebook page today entitled 'Soldiers are not Heroes' and it just enraged me. The almost 800 followers of this page believe that soldiers are nothing more than cold-blooded murderers who are helping our 'corrupt' government to grow. After reading a few posts I left a small piece of my mind and then tried to ignore it - there's no sense in arguing with a bunch of ignorant people who would disgrace our military in such a way. I am just dumbfounded by their views.

Without soldiers we would not be able to celebrate our Independence Day tomorrow. We would not have the freedoms that we have today and we would not live in such a wonderful country full of possibilities and opportunities. You still hear all of the time people who have come from out of the states say that THIS is the land where things happen. It is still a place to prosper and succeed - some people have just given up to the point that they just don't see it and that saddens me.



The 4th is one of my favorite holidays. To me it's about celebrating our freedom, our values and the fact that we do live in such a great country. It's about spending the day with family, cook-outs, and fireworks. It's about kissing your husband and hearing that 'boom'. It's about sparklers and The National Anthem. It's a warm day and cooler night and memories that will never be forgotten. I seriously love the 4th and I look forward to it every year.

I hope you all have a great 4th of July! I know I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.