Now, don't be a hater - I know this recipe isn't the greatest for you because it uses a ton of cheese. But it's GOOD and sometimes good is all you're looking for. Anywho, here goes: the all time favorite in my household:
Cheesy Turkey Meatloaf
2lbs of ground turkey (I buy the frozen stuff that's like $1.50 a lb. You can't beat it.)
1 cup of milk
1 cup of bread-crumbs
8 oz shredded colby cheese
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4-6 baby carrots - grated (They're totally worth grating and adding to this recipe, it keeps the meatloaf super moist. Swear.)
splash of worcestershire sauce (You think it's hard to say? Try spelling it!)
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2) Mix your bread crumbs into the milk and let them soak for a minute or so.
3) Mix your turkey, eggs, milk and bread crumbs, seasonings, carrots and worcestershire sauce together by hand. Season with the salt and pepper and then fold the cheese into the mixture.
4) Shape your mixture and put it into a loaf pan.
6) Bake for 1 hour in a preheated oven to an internal temp of 180 degrees.
7) Cut, serve and enjoy because it's delicious! (And I never liked meatloaf before this.
If you guys decide to try it, come back here and let me know what you think! I suggest serving seasoned red-potatoes and fresh green beans with your loaf and all and all - it really isn't THAT bad for you. It sure beats pizza for dinner!