Friday, August 24, 2012

Jenn's Jams - Brandon Heath - Love Never Fails

I have to thank Stephanie over at And Baby Makes 10 for thinking up this fabulous name for my 'Jams'. When I first read it, I immediately thought of an old woman canning jam and I knew it just had to be the name. (Because let's face it, I'm pretty much an old woman in a 24 year old body and it just FIT.)

I took me listening to about 20 songs to pick which should be my first here. I don't know why I didn't think of this one before because it's absolutely perfect to start with. So listen to it, read the lyrics, do whatever and I'll meet you at the bottom of the post to tell you WHY I LOVE this song.

-------------------------------

Brandon Heath - Love Never Fails


Love is not proud 
Love does not boast
Love after all 
Matters the most 

Love does not run
Love does not hide
Love does not keep
Locked inside 

Love is the river that flows through
Love never fails you

Love will sustain
Love will provide
Love will not cease
At the end of time 

Love will protect
Love always hopes
Love still believes
When you don't 

Love is the arms that are holding you
Love never fails you

When my heart won't make a sound
When I can't turn back around
When the sky is falling down
Nothing is greater than this 
Greater than this

Love is right here
Love is alive
Love is the way
The truth the life

Love is the river than flows through
Love is the arms that are holding you
Love is the place you will fly to
Love never fails you

-------------------------------

Did you hear me sigh? That's the sound my heart makes when it's happy. I cannot tell you how much I love this song. For one, it's the song that I walked down the aisle to - my husband to be by my side - at my wedding. I had envisioned this grand entrance where my wedding party would walk down the aisle and just as the temp speeds up there towards the end, the doors would open and down I would walk as a gorgeous bride, dressed in white and ready to leave one life behind and begin a journey as husband and wife. But it didn't work out that way - and that's okay.

In case you didn't know, this entire song is pretty much just 1 Corinthians: 4-8 put to very pretty music and one of my favorite voices. I just love the meaning behind every word, the power and the respect and the meaning of TRUE love spoken so gently and perfectly. 

We won't get into how flippin' gorgeous Brandon Heath is and how awful my obsession with him has been since I first heard his voice in 2007. Luckily I've roped my husband into my obsession enough to the point that we never miss a concert if he's within 100 miles of our house (not kidding). I'm sneaky, I know.

 I am a sucker for a good love song - and this one just happens to be my favorite. I'd be thrilled if you guys wanted to share some of your favorite songs, why you liked them and then link up with me now and again. If you're interested, let me know and I'll make a grab badge for our cyber concerts!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.