Friday, September 28, 2012

Homemade Toddler Paint

I wanted a safe, simple recipe for paint for Little Bit to use and enjoy on a rainy day. I had high hopes while scouring the internet but I didn't want to make a huge amount because I know how Little Bit is and it would undoubtedly have to be thrown away after first use. Upon finding oodles of recipes that were at least a cup for each color, I decided to just wing it. As usual.

It actually turned out great! Here's my recipe:

1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of flour
2 tsp of water
3-4 drops of food coloring


Just mix until there are no lumps. It shouldn't be really runny and it shouldn't be real thick either. I would say a pancake batter consistency would be about perfect. If it's too thin - just add a bit more flour and if it's too thick - just add a bit more water. Easy peas.


Henry had a great time and the best part? Not only did I not have to worry about him ingesting something icky, but it was easy to clean up too!






1 comment:

  1. How fun!! I love how simple it is to make. I will have to make it for my niece and nephew.

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.