Friday, September 07, 2012

Totes, Boxes and Downsizing

I hate moving.

I think I seriously just realized this for the first time ever. But it's true. I hate moving. It's such a pain in the butt that I just want to pull all of my hair out.

We moved here in late March. March 22nd if you want to be exact. I've put a lot of hard work and time into our new home, a lot of scrubbing, a lot of decorating, a lot of organizing and a lot of shoving crap in totes and boxes and hiding them in the unfinished back bathroom with intentions to get to them later.

The thing is, I don't have a place for this stuff. We have very limited furniture and until we get more, I'm stuck with it all in boxes and totes. Now don't get me wrong, I'm grateful that we've been blessed with our home - and over time, we will undoubtedly find more furniture and ways to organize our things. But right now - well right now I'm ready to pull my hair out. I can't find anything, I'm constantly searching through totes and boxes and I am considering a yard sale of the century and just getting rid of half of our stuff.

Honestly, I don't think we need it anyway.

Have any of you downsized lately? How did you manage to decide what to keep and what to get rid of? Give a desperate girl some pointers 'cause I'm dying here!

1 comment:

  1. James and I will be moving soon... well, whenever we find a house and I can't imagine moving let alone with a baby and 7 animals. Moving sucks!

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.