Monday, November 26, 2012

Peppermints Trees and an Advent Calendar

I LOVE Christmas - especially now that I have a little one to share the magic of Christmas with. I love Christmas crafts too- there are just so many fun possibilities!


So when I saw all the awesome possibilities for advent calendars this year, I just knew I had to make one. I had a whole list of inspiration, but I knew that opening a little door, box or pouch everyday would not be as exciting for Henry this year as it will be in the coming years, so I choose to make a pocket calendar. This way I could fill out things we could do as a family each day of December and it would still be something cute I could hang up year after year, even if I decide to make something a little different in the future.

It barely cost a thing too. I bought scrapbook paper on sale, 5 for $1 and and had half of  a post board laying around from a previous project. Then I bought a sheet of Christmas stickers for a dollar and added a few other little things that I had laying around to make it 'mine'.

I LOVE how it turned out. It's exactly what I was envisioning.


Another craft I tackled in the last few weeks was the peppermint Christmas trees that are floating around everyone on the internet. My friend Jessica and I got together one day last week and made these. They are super easy to make but if you can find mini-mints, I think they would turn out nicer, also - it's really hard to make the mints line up at the top so that they come to a point. BUT, with a little hot glue and a little creativity, we managed to make them look presentable (at least). I have a smaller cone and a larger cone yet to decorate, and I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them. I think I'm going to wrap at least one of them in yarn. We will see!

What crafts have you been up to lately? Do share!

Also, if you want to keep up with me and some of my Christmas goodness - follow me on Instagram: Jenn_Ovey

1 comment:

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.