Sunday, January 20, 2013

New Year: New Everything

This post may be a little late (or maybe not, I did post my resolutions in a timely fashion) but it's something I've been thinking about a lot the past few weeks and I decided to jump with it.

I am fed up. Plainly put.

I am ready for little changes that can hold a BIG impact on my life. What sort of changes you ask?

Changes like kissing my husband more, watching TV less and spending more time with God. Changes like accepting myself for the person that I am (inside and out) and appreciating the 'why' more often. Changes like making new friends and putting myself out there, trying new things and figuring out what truly makes me happy. Changes like kicking rocks at jealously and painful wishing that I could be more like someone else, because Hello! I am a child of the King! I want to reflect more. That part should be easy. And be honest - brutally so. That part? Not so easy.

So if things seem a little different around here in the coming weeks, months and year...you have had your warning. I want to be me and in figuring out who I am, I want to also better that person. I want to be comfortable, happy and content with the person God created and when I look in the mirror I want to know who that person is looking back and her purpose in this world.


2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! You are awesome and it will be an amazing year for you.

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.