Thursday, January 17, 2013

Wonderful Days



I had a wonderful day today.

I got up far too early, but I watched the sunrise and it made me smile.
I made Henry and I a wonderful breakfast of spinach and bacon eggs.
I cleaned house: swept, mopped, did laundry and dishes.
I did an hour of Zumba and felt like a complete idiot because I'm pretty sure the men working across the street saw the entire thing through my window (don't really care).
I spent a wonderful afternoon with a good friend and her daughter at the Boonshoft museum.
I made us a yummy dinner of baked chicken, asparagus (my favorite) and hominy (Jeremy's favorite).
We said goodbye to Jeremy's childhood cat, Stinky. He lived a long, happy life and I'm fairly certain that he died peacefully.

I'm now curled up on the couch with my husband, son and both dogs, warm, full and happy. Life is full of ups and downs, challenges and thankfully - wonderful days.

We are blessed.


4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day you had. So sorry about Stinky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was old and while we are both sad about his pasing, it was a bit of a blessing in disguise.

      Delete
  2. LOL @ men seeing you do zumba!

    Losing pets is awful :((

    Found my way here through Sarah's link at Our Journey!

    www.sashon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.