Monday, April 22, 2013

Vacation Recap - Getting There

We had such a great time on vacation! It was very much needed and very much appreciated, I feel ready to tackle so many things now. I have so many photos and so much to share with you guys that I'm going to split it up in several posts. 

Because Ormond is quite the drive (14 hours) we decided to leave a day early and split the drive in two.   We ended up in North Carolina for the night on Lake Norman. We found a hotel room, had some dinner at a local place and then crashed for the night.


Shorts!
The next morning we got up and headed to some local places that my husband and father-in-law wanted to see. In case any of you didn't know, my husband is most definitely a motorhead. He doesn't really watch Nascar anymore, but he's really into NHRA stuff and loves talking about anything that has to do with the mechanics of a race vehicle. 

Earnhardt statue in the city of Kannapolis.

Earnhardt memorial.
We also visited  Hendrick Motorsports, which did not interest me at all. Henry did enjoy climbing into the race seat and driving awhile (one of his favorite things). While the boys looked around we headed outdoors to enjoy some much needed sunshine.




This is so much better mom!

Henry and grandma. 
 Henry did not enjoy being in the car as long as we were, but we managed to find ways to entertain him. Playing peek-a-boo with his hat and blankets was probably his favorite. This hat took a beating the last week, he's become obsessed with it and refuses to go anywhere without it on.

Where's Henry?

There he is!
Once in Florida, it's just one hop, skip and jump to where we were going. We didn't arrive in Ormond until later (10 pm) so we just grabbed dinner and then headed to our condo to unpack and get some sleep.





It's tradition for us to stop at the welcome center and grab a picture with the Florida sign. Here's a flashback photo to prove it, with a baby Henry on the way!

Notice my husband's wonderful change in fashion style... he owns about 4 of the same shirts and wears them constantly. Drives me crazy!
I'll post more about our vacation as I go through my photos. I hope you all have a wonderful Monday, mine will be spent unpacking, doing laundry and trying to get back into the swing of things! 

12 comments:

  1. Haha, I love that your husband is wearing the same shirt - too funny. Looks like Henry had lots of fun. I love seeing my children discover new places to play :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, it brings such joy to see their little eyes light up in curiosity! I hate that Jeremy's wardrobe never changes. It took me FOREVER after we met to get him to quit wearing puke green EVERYTHING. Now everything is blue...

      Delete
  2. Love it!! Looks like you guys had so much fun on vacation! I LOVE that you stood near state signs for pictures...I do that too and my kids think I am crazy!! :)

    Have a great Monday!

    Laura @ Mice In The Kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for wearing shorts! Can't wait to get Drew in some summer clothes. Henry is such a doll. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that we're home it makes me super sad to have to put the shorts back away for a little while!

      Delete
  4. I love the pictures, yay for shorts and warm weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun tradition to take pics at the state signs on trips! Might have to do that on our family vacays too.
    Your outfit at the Florida sign is SO cute! Love the color combo and stripes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...this was my 'comfy' driving outfit and I feel like I look absolutely stupid in it - but oh well! Thanks girly!

      Delete
  6. Your son has the cutest hat ever!
    morrellfairytale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.