Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Perfectly Wonderful



I woke up before every one else did this morning. That doesn't happen often anymore and when it does, I usually just roll back over and attempt to catch a few more minutes of precious sleep.

This morning I got up.

As I stare out the window, up at the sky, I'm almost amazed by the beautiful robin's egg blue that I see there.  For weeks the sky has been filled with huge, dark clouds and I was beginning to feel a bit rained-out. I really needed that blue sky this morning, even if the dark clouds drift back in and it rains for the rest of the day.

Lately I have striven to be less idle, to make the most of every day, to not make excuses, and in turn I'm beginning to realize the potential of every day that I had somehow forgotten. It's so easy to let things go for so long that they become less bad habit and more bad routine.

Today I think I will take Henry to the park, wet slides and all. I'm making this little fun time for us a priority before laundry and the grocery and then work this evening. I see nothing wrong with that. Sometimes you have to let the 'must do' fall to the wayside long enough to really enjoy life.

That's exactly what I'm doing. Enjoying this crazy, imperfect, and absolutely wonderful life.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great 'Mommy and Me' day with the little guy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your day sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have had enough rain where I'm missing it!! Kiss that almost 2 year old for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was just the boost I needed. I've slipped into that "idle" state with the little man and really need to kick that business to the curb.
    Enjoy your fun day with the little man!

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.