This Thanksgiving is hard for our family. My mother-in-law has had some complications with her surgery and is still in the hospital almost two weeks later. We were so sure she'd be home for Thanksgiving and we're all so disappointed that we've canceled our festivities. We will be visiting her later today (and there may be a turkey costume involved) and Jeremy, Henry and I are going to go make my grandmother a nice dinner as well.
However, we still have SO much to be thankful for, and keeping with tradition, we are making our annual list...
We are thankful for:
- one another. Companionship, trust, honesty, love...and all the other wonderful things that come with finding your soul mate.
- Henry who is always so full of energy and spunk and who keeps every single day exciting and new.
- our families. We have definitely been rocked to the core lately but it has only brought us all closer together.
- our home equipped with gutters, siding, a working furnace, and endless possibilities.
- two wonderful jobs that are dependable and flexible.
- wieners. As in dogs. Especially the two we call our own.
- God and His everlasting grace, mercy, and love.
- dependable vehicles.
- food on the table.
- our health.
- my camera. (Jenn)
- late-night drives.
- days off.
- vacations in Florida.
- a garage. (Jeremy)
A short list this year and it may not be very detailed but we still have SO much to be thankful for, no matter how hard this holiday may be.
I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!