Saturday, November 30, 2013

Updates!

Does it feel like Sunday night to anyone else out there? This holiday has really messed up my days of the week!

For those who follow me, I just wanted to update you all on a couple of things.

First off, my mother-in-law got to come home from the hospital on Thanksgiving! We still didn't really celebrate, but it was still a huge relief that she finally was going on and it really was the BEST thing we could have asked for on our holiday.

Second, we finally got gutters on the house. Seriously. It was about flippin' time. One thing at a time, friends.

Third, Henry has been sick which has really, really sucked. BUT I think he's finally better today. I was pretty impressed with his ability to use a puke bowl however.

Fourth, I went Black Friday shopping for the first time EVER and scored all of Henry's Christmas presents for under $75.00. I am now an addict.

Fifth, I was so excited to have Thursday-Saturday off and I only wanted to do TWO things: decorate the house for Christmas and take our Christmas card photo. Well, we only accomplished one of those things and one of the main reasons was because I ran out of time to do the photo because I spent two days cleaning melted peppermint off of decorations. NEVER EVER put candy decorations in with your other's for the next year. I just threw them into the box never thinking anything of it. I had to throw a LOT of things away and the things that I didn't throw away took a LOT of time to clean. I was so disappointed.

I hope you all had a GREAT Thanksgiving. I hope to catch up with all of you soon, but it may be another week or two as my computer is currently broken (and has been for about a week now) and I'm (very patiently, haha) waiting on my husband to fix it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad things are going well! I wish I had the nerve to attempt Black Friday shopping.

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.