Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Life is What You Make It

Everyone these days have a bit of advice. It seems like every time I have a conversation with someone, no matter the topic, they have something or another to add. There are times that I listen with both ears open and soak up every last detail, and there are times that I let the words flow through one ear and right back out the other without even a second thought.

If there is one thing that I've heard and held onto with all of my might, if I could claim one tid-bit of information as the 'best' advice I've ever received, it is this:


That Eleanor; she sure did know what she was talking about! Something tells me that her and Frank D. lived a pretty happy and fulfilling life.

I'm pretty well known by those who are around me as a happy, spunky, full-of-life, and carefree person. That may not reflect completely here on my little blog, but it's pretty well true in my 'real' life. I don't see any point in being dragged down by the world and I truly believe that my life is a reflection of this advice.


Our world is too full of people with excuses. Excuses as to why they are unhealthy, unhappy, unenthusiastic and unhappy. But the truth of the matter is that life is what you make it, and you must make the choice every day to be the person that you want to be. Courage, strength, satisfaction, happiness: all of these things are a product of a mindset. You could be in the most beautiful place and the perfect time and if you don't take the time to see it, enjoy it, soak it in...then you'll miss it.

So if no one has ever told you to wake up each morning and make the best of your day, your year, or you life: I'm telling you now. Take this advice and head it, keep it locked somewhere deep in your heart and soul and don't ever, ever, ever forget it.

It will make every single day shine in a light that you've failed to see before.

---------------------------

Girl Between the Lines Link up

Now go link up with this week's prompt: What is the most valuable advice you've ever received and why?

3 comments:

  1. oh I love this. I've always loved that Eleanor Roosevelt quote too :) Your hearts amazing!

    xo
    erin

    www.sweetnessitself.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting from the linkup! I love this quote. I think it's so powerful because it gives us agency, especially in a society where people are so quick to shove responsibility for their happiness onto something else! Thanks for writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO right! People are full of excuses these days and we should all work a little harder at being happy and making our lives what we want rather than complain. I so often see people complaining about things that they have COMPLETE control over and it drives me bonkers! These are great quotes!

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.