Monday, January 13, 2014

Cilantro Lime Shrimp

We've been trying a lot of new foods and meals in our house the last couple of weeks. Just today I started pulling random things out of the refrigerator and mixing them together for lunch - and it was actually really good too! If there's one thing I've learned in the last week it's this: cilantro makes EVERYTHING better. Seriously. Why have I not been cooking with cilantro more?

Two nights ago I decided we were going to have shrimp. Typically we would do a butter and garlic mix for our shrimp and make like a scampi, but as butter is sooo bad for you, I decided I needed to try something new. After scouring the internet for a while, I came across this recipe, and it held as my inspiration for the meal.

Cilantro Lime Shrimp



Ingredients
- 20 pieces of raw, medium-sized shrimp (shelled and deviened)
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tbls lime juice

Heat about a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet at medium heat, crack your cloves of garlic but leave them whole and add them to the oil. I let my garlic cook in the oil for about 2 minutes or so so that some of the flavor would release, then added my shrimp. Then add your cilantro and lime. Cook for about 5-10 minutes or until they are cooked thoroughly. Remove from the skillet and serve, discarding the garlic cloves. If you would like, you could add a bit more lime or cilantro after cooking for added zip or just for looks.

We had our shrimp with garlic french green beans and it was delicious. You could also serve it up on some rice or even some sort of pasta!

This is a new favorite in our house and I foresee us having it a LOT in the future. Hopefully your family will enjoy it too!

Nutritional Values per Serving (serves 2)
Calories: 123
Carbs: 3
Fat: 2
Protein: 22
Sodium: 896
Sugar: 1

2 comments:

  1. YUM!!! I love anything with cilantro in it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come eat at your house!!! Looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.