I'm almost embarrassed to post about how horrible I did on my goals last month. Can we just skip that part and go straight to May's goals? No? Well...okay...
1) Make a schedule and stick to it...
Well, I made the schedule. 50% done!
2) Quit skipping breakfast...
Check and check! I love breakfast and I could probably eat breakfast food for every meal so making the time to eat breakfast was an easy one for me.
3) Drink more water...
Yup! I bought some new cups that hold a little more than 2 cups a piece and I've found that if I throw a straw in that bad boy, I can easily get at least 8 cups in a day. Yay for getting back on the water train!
4) Exceed my weight-smart challenge for work...
I did it! I did it! I totally did it...I ended the challenge at 103% to goal. Go me!
5) Lose 8 pounds.
Close but not quite. If I had stuck to that schedule I made I probably would have made it, but I only lost 5 pounds this month. Which is still awesome, don't get me wrong!
1) Try not to eat like a pig on vacation. 'nough said.
2) Do a 'cleanse' after returning from vacation to 'restart' and get back into the mind set of eating 100% clean and healthy. It sounds a lot easier than I know it's going to be.
3) Run. Just do it. I need to be able to run 3 miles by August and that's going to creep up on me if I don't get out there and just run. My goal is 3 times a week. This shouldn't be so hard to accomplish!
4) Exercise. Even if it's just walking. This has been my biggest downfall the last couple of months and I need to motivate myself just to do it. 10,000 steps a day is a must with this goal!
5) Take some really great family photos. How does this relate to fitness? Well...I want to see how much I've changed already, and also have a visual in a year from now when I've killed my goals even further.
Say a little prayer that as I'm lounging on the beach right now, I'm not shoving my face full of foods that are going to add pounds on the scale and inches on my waist. Did you set any goals for May? I'd love to hear about them so I can support you through them this month!