Tuesday, January 05, 2016

2015 Year in Review

January
  • We visited the Newport Aquarium in Cincinnati, ate some wonderfully delicious food at two of our favorite restaurants in the 'nati, and spent the night swimming and hanging out as a family at a local hotel.

  • At the end of October I finally received my special order copy of Looking for Alaska and I spent the entire day in my recliner reading it cover to cover. Not a big deal to most, but I am a member of the nerdfighter club through and through and it was one of only a handful of books that I actually finished in 2015. I read the first 3 books of A Song of Ice & Fire too, although the 4th book has sat open in my Kindle app for a good 3 months now. I'll get through it eventually.
February
  • Jeremy and I went on a REAL DATE NIGHT. I should calm down, I know, but we haven't really had many of those in the past...5 years? We painted and had dinner and it was perfect.

  • We dragged my brother to a Beatles tribute band that I think he swore he didn't enjoy but then secretly listened to their album for a month straight. It was a blast...and we were the youngest people there.
March
  • I bought a new guitar with the intention of learning to play.... perhaps that should be a resolution for 2016?
  • Ruthie went the vet to be fixed. Sorry baby girl, no puppies for you.
  • God called a saint and good friend of ours home to be with Him. RIP Bill, we will always remember you.
April
  • Henry and I visited the aquarium again with a good friend as we said goodbye before they moved to Colorado. Kathy, if you read this, we still miss you.
  • We bought my first, official 'new' car that I named Oliver Queen, aka, The Green Arrow. I still love my Honda.
  • Jeremy convinced Henry that riding a dirt bike was a good idea. He's going to be an expensive boy to raise and I'm going to pull this blog post up and remind my husband that HE is the one to blame. ;)
  • We bought bikes and rode them here and there throughout the summer. Another goal for 2016: ride those suckers MORE!
May
  • Dirt car races at Eldora, aka: sunglasses at night and dirt in your teeth, hair, and everywhere.
  • We went to our usual vacation spot in Florida but shook things up a bit and did a few things differently. We are going to miss the sunshine state this year but I think our hearts are set going a different direction. We shall see!
June
  • I had my very first car accident in my very new car... just a fender bender and everyone was okay, thank God.
July
  • Henry turned FOUR and we had a fun, buggy party to celebrate. He had a blast and I STILL can't believe my baby is growing up so fast.
  • Paper Towns movie was released. Again, the nerdfighter in me is strong.
  • We made a day trip to the Ohio Caverns and explored and a weekend trip to Maggie Valley which was both super relaxing and one of the worst mistakes ever because EVERYTHING was booked solid.
August
  • We finally (FINALLY) put the shutters on the house and they look AMAZING.
  • Fair month! We love fairs.
  • We celebrated another wonderful year with my grandmother and I let Henry pick out her gift. She now is the proud owner of a fish named 'Slowly'.
  • My husband lost his good friend, Shadi, to a motorcycle accident, reminding us all that life is short and unpredictable.
September
  • We laid in the yard and watched the supermoon eclipse.
  • We celebrated my mother-in-law's 60th birthday with a huge party.
  • Henry started preschool. Wait, let me repeat that: HENRY STARTED PRESCHOOL.
  • My friend Beth invited Henry and I to go to the circus with herself and her son. Henry slept through it; HUGE failure.
  • I helped plan our annual safety day at work which, unlike the circus, was a huge success. I'm already excited for this year's.
October
  • Jeremy and I both celebrated birthdays and we celebrated mine with a trip to Cincinnati and Virginia to see family.
  • Henry was an elephant for Halloween and we also attended a Halloween party with our family.
  • We visited the Columbus zoo and had an absolute blast. Henry even got to feed a giraffe. 
November
  • Jeremy accepted a new job at our local community college that will eventually morph into a teaching position.
  • We hosted Thanksgiving and had a blast while enjoying lots and lots of yummy food, including our first turkey that was absolutely the BOMB.
  • We finally upgraded from a 20" tv....
  • Jeremy finished fencing in the yard, a project that took a whole lot of time and money but was totally worth it. 
December
  • I accepted a new job at Lowe's that will allow me to have weekends and evenings off. Yay for family time!
  • We hosted our annual cooking baking party and made a huge mess but had a ton of fun.
  • We celebrated Christmas and New Year's with family and counted our blessings because they are many!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.