Sunday, August 07, 2011

Needed: One Maid

Henry will be three weeks old on Tuesday. As silly as it sounds, when people ask me when he was born I almost tell them August 8th instead of July 19th. I guess I am still in pregnancy mode when it comes to the date. It's so hard to believe that three weeks has gone by and even harder to believe that he wasn't suppose to be here until tomorrow. I suppose it's just more proof that God knows what he's doing and as advanced as medical technology can be, no one can predict the future.

I spend every day doing pretty much the same things: feed Henry, change Henry, pump and repeat. I usually manage a meal or a shower or a little bit of free time to walk to the post office to get the mail in between feedings but he usually eats every two or three hours during the day so it doesn't leave me time for much. This is why I'm in desperate need of a maid right about now.

Our dishes are piled high although I do mange to do them more often than not. The floors need swept and mopped, everything is collecting dust, the cat box needs changed, my flower beds currently look like jungles and I literally have weeds as tall as my windows right now and although I do manage to keep clothes washed and dried, I have about four baskets full that need to be folded and put away. Needless to say, I'm very behind.

I guess I could manage some extra time to do things when Jeremy gets home in the evenings, but by the time 7 o'clock rolls around, I'm pretty much exhausted and all I want to do is get dinner made and relax awhile before going to bed. I feel bad asking Jeremy to help with any of it because he's working 6 days a week at the shop in this heat and although I get up with the baby every night, it stirs him as well and I know he's worn out every day.

Back to the point: I need a maid.

I'm also in need of about 12 solid hours of sleep, but I don't see that happening for a very long time...

1 comment:

  1. It gets easier :)


    Although the maid would be much easier!

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.