Friday, August 17, 2012

Be nice to me, darn it!

Have you ever been walking through a store, been frustrated as all get out and taken it out immediately on the next employee that you see just because well - it's obviously their fault since they were ignorant enough to   cross your path?

For those of you who do not know, I work at Lowe's 20 hours on the weekends. I am not particularly fond of the job, but it isn't awful either and it provides my little family with insurance where as my husband's full-time job does not. We do what we can and gotta in these parts.

Anyway. Nothing, NOTHING, bugs me more than when I end up with a super pissy, totally unappreciative customer who most of the time is angry for reasons outside of anything I could possibly help them with find me, yell at me and make me feel like I'm the sole cause for every misfortune in the entire world. (Yes - it really feels like that, I'm kind of sensitive, okay?)

I just wish sometimes that they would just stop and think about what they're doing. Usually if there's something wrong in the store

-It's not my fault.
-I can't fix it.
-And yelling at me is just going to make it much harder for me to WANT to do what I can to help.

Just sayin'

Now, I'm not sticking up for those people who go to work and seriously deserve to be yelled at. I've yelled. I've yelled and I've been very angry at people who seriously amaze me that they're in a retail environment, treating customers (who are their job security...hello!) like total dog crap. Just this past week I put a lady into her place at Wendy's when she told me that they couldn't add or remove anything from my sandwich. Are you serious? Push the extra button and quit acting like you're doing me a huge favor!!

Anyway, off subject a bit there.

All I'm asking is that the next time you go into the store, if they're out of milk (this happened to me this week too) don't yell at the poor boy stocking paper-towels in the next isle (I didn't yell at anyone though, promise). I'm sure it's not his fault that the truck didn't get there or the cow's got loose and ran off, jumping moons along their way. Just try to be a little nicer, please. I know it would make my life a little-lot easier.

I am thanking you personally, from every retail employee in advance!


P.S. - I won't even go into you men out there who look at me like an idiot when I tell you what I KNOW is true but because I don't have two balls between my legs, you immediately take me as an ignorant throw-in who obviously is working in this department because I don't know a single thing about it. That's another post - but it's coming and you should fear me right about now.

2 comments:

  1. It amazes me when people treat others like this. I don't see what's so hard about being kind in any situation. I mean, we all have it rough, in our own way, right.
    I'm sorry that you have to deal with ignorant, selfish people at work, :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey it's all good! I'm good at difusing situations most of the time (and if I can't, I just let someone else deal with it, haha). I just really think people should think before they act - it's not that hard, truly, it's not.

      Delete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.