Friday, August 17, 2012

The Way Things Are & Why It's Okay

I'm following Johnna's suit over at not the muse and starting 'The Way Things Are & Why It's Okay' here hopefully weekly. It's all about taking those negative things and finding the blessings in them, a former blogger used to do these and I used to love reading them. She's going to make a badge so we can link up together, I can't wait.

Anywho...yesterday was just one of those days, so I thought today would be a good day to start.


The Way Things Are:
I spent all morning shampooing my rugs, scrubbing the fabric on my couches, sweeping and mopping and cleaning because while we were on vacation, our dog-sitter obviously forgot that going out with his friends every night wasn't quite as important as doing his job and letting our dogs out. So my once potty-trained pup is now going out on an hourly basis, walking back into the house and peeing on the floor. It took us awhile to catch on and the smell was so atrocious that I kept cleaning and cleaning and couldn't figure out what it was. Needless to say, I figured it out and my brand-new rug went bye-bye yesterday. Mr. Cohen will now be spending his nights in his cage until I can get him fully potty trained again and we will have a new sitter the next time we leave town. 'nough said.

Why It's Okay:
The horrible smell is now gone, THANK GOD. Jeremy has a horrible sense of smell and no matter how many times that I told him that something smelled just terrible, I don't think he thought it was as bad as what it was. My couches look brand new again! Between Henry spilling his sippy cups and the dogs jumping all over them and all of us snacking on them, they had already begun to look well worn. Oh...and I get to go shopping for a new rug. I love decor-shopping, it's by-far my favorite type of shopping and I've already started planning and brain-storming ideas for an awesome new rug. Perhaps something with a lot of color this time?

The Way Things Are:
I spent my entire afternoon gathering props, writing down my posing ideas and making phone calls to confirm my locations for an engagement session just in time for the couple to call to reschedule because of fear of rain. I was so annoyed because I had put so much time and effort into preparing this session because I wanted it to be great - and I need the images for my portfolio.

Why It's Okay:
When 7 p.m. rolled around (the time of their session) it was dark as could be outside, the wind was blowing like crazy and it was raining so it was a good thing we rescheduled or they would of drove an hour and a half for nothing. With my free time, Jeremy and I drove to a few parks here in Miami County that I've been curious about for locations and I am now super excited about one. Then we had dinner and rented a movie to watch together - there is nothing better than cuddling on the couch on a rainy evening with one another and a good movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.