Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Good Day & Why I Love My Husband



It's a good day to have a good day... and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise! 

It's been dreadfully cold here in Ohio this week and despite a trip or two out, Henry and I have stayed indoors, warm as two bugs in a rug. It snowed a bit last night and I'd love to take him out to play in it but again: dreadfully cold. I'm feeling a little claustrophobic however and while I have NO idea what we're going to do today, we're getting out of here. We have passes to the discovery museum so maybe we'll make a trip down that way. Who knows!!

Anyway, I just wanted to wish you all a Happy Thursday and ask for some prayers. My husband's great aunt passed away last week and her funeral is tomorrow. I didn't really know her and I only met her once, maybe twice, but my husband has very fond memories of her and I know that his grandfather has to be heart-broken over the loss of his sister. So please say a little prayer for my husband's side of the family tomorrow.

Also, I wanted to join in the fun and start this (never-ending) list of Why I Love My Husband! Click the button and you can link-up every Thursday over at the Happy Wives Club too if you so wish!


Why I Love My Husband

Why I Love My Husband (The Never-Ending List)

1) He picks me up from work most every Sunday to take me out to lunch.
2) He eats whatever I put in front of him (which can be dangerous sometimes, I know).
3) He works hard so I can stay home through-out the week with our son.
4) He kisses me daily.
5) He encourages me to follow my dreams.
6) He's always my biggest fan.


8 comments:

  1. I love your list...so cute!! I make my Tim read my list every Thursday and he laughs. Good way to wrap up a day.

    I am so very sorry to hear about your husbands great aunt. I will keep you in my prayers.

    Also...I am also so sorry about the cold. God moved us to Texas and I have to say I am loving that today is going to be 76....I will try and send some of the warm your way! :)

    Laura@MiceInTheKitchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a good idea, I'll have to send the link to my hubby! I really am not attached to Ohio or it's weather. If I weren't so attached to the people, I'd be out of here and somewhere where it was at least a little warmer this time of year!

      Delete
  2. Oh man, I hear you about the weather up here! Not sure how it is around Dayton, but up here in Tha Cleve right off the water, the 'feels like' temp has been single digits all week! And cute list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Sarah! It's probably a little warmer feeling down this way, especially now, but earlier in the week it we had delays and all sorts of fun stuff because of the cold.

      Delete
  3. Oh no. So very sorry about your husbands great aunt. Sending lots of hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that he picks you up from work almost every Sunday to take you out to lunch. How very sweet. I'm reading this post the day after so I think your husband's great aunt's funeral was today. Sending you (((hugs))).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the sweetest thing and for us, it's the only time that we really have an 'us' time as he works Monday through Friday and I work Friday through Sunday. Thanks for the hugs!

      Delete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.