Thursday, February 14, 2013

The 14th of February

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I hope your day is filled with lots of love, happy thoughts and bear hugs! 


Henry and I plan on having a fun day together and then we're all going to spend the evening together as a family. This will mark four years ago that Jeremy and I celebrated our marriage with our family and friends.


Our marriage was spur of the moment so had our reception on our original wedding date (yes, Valentine's Day) and celebrated with our friends and family then. I was lucky enough to get to wear my wedding dress twice and our tables were adorned with our actual wedding photos. In after-thought, I really enjoyed having our wedding and reception this way. We had been married for 2 months, already been on our honeymoon and we really got to enjoy our reception. We were able to go out later that night with family that was in from town and spend time with those who made a special trip instead of running off just to focus on 'us'.

One day we'll renew our vows in front of them all and they'll get to share that part of our wedding/marriage with us. But the intimate setting in which we were actually married was perfect and those who were invited (just immediate family) I think will tell you that our wedding was beautiful, even if it wasn't full of other people, decorations and so on...




13) He pauses the tv when I leave the room, even if it’s just for a second, because he doesn’t want me to miss anything.
14) He goes to bed with me almost every night, no matter how early (or late) it may be.
15) He cuddles Henry every night before bed.
16) He reads Henry stories in that 'reading' voice that is both super silly and super embarrassing.
17) He shares my interests in history and overall ‘old’ things.
18) He lets me hog the covers.


6 comments:

  1. Happy 4 years of tying the knot with your man!!!And #15 and 16 are totally cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!! Such cute pictures!

    Laura@MiceInTheKitchen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! And Happy Heart Day! I love the list. I'm going to have to do this and slip a copy into the hubby's V-day Card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! And Happy Heart's Day!! Love seeing your continued list. It's a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous wedding picture. Happy Anniversary my very dear sweet friend. Thankful for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy anniversary! you are blessed to have each other!!

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.