Thursday, September 19, 2013

Potty Training - To Be or Not to Be?

Oh Henry, you are something son. I was all ready just to say that you weren't ready quite yet, throw your diapers on you, and move on today when you woke up, went straight to your potty and went pee.

Good job buddy!

You completely surprised me because yesterday, I was sure you were going to hurt yourself holding things in for so long. I watched you squirm and dance and downright refuse to pee on the potty to the point where you were standing in the middle of the kitchen practically shaking, holding a diaper in one hand (that I had refused to put on you), and pointing to your potty prize box with the other. When you could no longer hold it and started to pee on the floor, it upset you so much that you then proceeded to hold it again. You filled the sink with pee about 10 minutes later when I was giving you a bath and then didn't pee again until you had already fallen asleep and I finally put a diaper on you for bed. I had to change your diaper again because you absolutely soaked in within about 15 minutes.

I felt so bad but I also felt like we were at the edge of a break through. Clearly you know that it's not okay to pee in your pants or on the floor but you are just not excited about sitting on that potty.

We will see how today goes. I don't want to force you to do anything you're not quite ready for. I love you little man, and I'm so proud of the progress you have made so far. It's okay not to be ready yet, we have plenty of time to move on to this next stage, okay? I love you.

4 comments:

  1. Potty training is never easy! It's downright just frustrating at times, but one day! Poof, they will do it! Thinking of you and for an easy transition! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Henry! He'll get it momma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something I am not looking forward to with Mace!! Good luck mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He seems to be close!!
    We are just starting to flirt with the idea of potty training. Oy!

    ReplyDelete

You don't know just how lovely you are...thank you.